Since I’ve been following a low FODMAP/SIBO protocol, I’ve been experimenting so many different recipes. When it comes to breakfast, you can see my savoury and sweet pancake variations and my Carrot Cake Quinoa Porridge. But today I’ve got a variation on another winter warmer for you! Turmeric Latte Quinoa Porridge!
Quinoa is a pseudograin that provides complex carbohydrates and protein. Hemp protein provides the bulk of the protein to this meal (but feel free to use another source, like an egg or another protein powder), and I’ve even managed to hide some veggies in here too! The coconut butter and toppings (tahini, 100% dark chocolate, coconut flakes) balance out the dish with healthy fats!
This perfectly balanced porridge will keep you satisfied until lunch (and even beyond in some cases)!
Recipe Type: GF, DF, RSF, V, Paleo
Time 10 mins
- 1 C grated carrot
- 3 T quinoa flakes
- (optional) 1 T natural protein powder
- 1 t turmeric latte spice mix (when I haven’t made my own, I love Brissie-based Zandi Organics)
- between 3/4 C and 1 C Macadamia Mylk (or milk of choice)
- 1 t coconut butter
- a drizzle of tahini
- shredded coconut
- a dollop of coconut cream or coconut yoghurt
- fresh passionfruit
- Place all porridge ingredients (not the topping ingredients) into a small pot over a low-medium heat and stir as it heats up. Allow to simmer, stirring every minute, for 5 mins before serving.
- Top with topping suggestions above or alternative toppings as desired by your lovely self!