Impress your friends’, colleagues’ and gym buddies’ tastebuds with these protein macadamia brownies! When macadamias are in season then there’s no better way to take advantage. But at other times of year then you can use walnuts, almonds, pecans, or even some fresh fruit.
Recipe Type: GF, DF
Serves 12 brownies
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (steamed pumpkin, blended into a puree)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional sweetener – use anywhere up to 1/2 up honey or maply syrup (I used none when I made these, but understand my pallate is different to others’
- 1/2 cup 180 Nutrition Vegan Protein Superfood (alternatively sub for coconut flour)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup good quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup macadamias
Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Place all the wet ingredients together in a mixing bowl and combine. Do the same, in a separate bowl for the dry ingredients.
Then pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and use a spoon to stir until the batter comes together. Next, add the chocolate chips (and nuts if using) and give it one more stir.
Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish with butter or olive oil, then pour the batter into the dish. Use a spatula to smooth out the top.
Bake macadamia brownies for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting and serving