Impress your friends’, colleagues’ and gym buddies’ tastebuds with these high protein Carob Orange Bliss Balls! They’re basically like a Jaffa flavour but use Carob instead of Cacao. This makes them free from caffeine, plus as Carob is naturally very sweet in flavour no further sweetening ingredient is required!
If you like this recipe, check out some more of my guilt-free sweets recipes (#yourewelcome)
Recipe Type: GF, DF
Serves 12 balls
- 1 cup mix of sunflower seeds & pepitas, blitzed into a coarse flour
- 1/2 cup carob powder
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup plain protein powder of choice (I used collagen)
- pinch sea salt
- 200g tofu, blitzed in a processor to break it up (but not a paste)
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup orange juice
Place all dry ingredients into a bowl and combine well
- Add wet ingredients and combine with dry until it comes together like a dough. I find starting with a spoon or spatula first then finishing off with my hands works best.
- Wash hands and roll the mixture into evenly-sized balls.
- Coat with your favourite coating (I used a mix of desiccated coconut and chia seeds, but you could also use carob powder, hemp seeds, bukinis etc.)
- Store Carob balls in the fridge to firm up, and keep there for up to about 2 weeks.