One of the all time favourite Sunday meals, a good ol’ roast chook! I love how roast chicken makes for a fantastic lunch or dinner for the family, and guests, plus provides delicous leftover lunches for the week! Try this new take on an old recipe, by using a honey miso glaze. You’ll be making this Honey Miso Roast Chicken again in no time!
This Honey Miso Roast Chicken is a delicious and fabulous way to cook gorgeous free-range, organic chicken from Sherwood Rd Organic Meats. If you like this recipe then you could also try my Roast Beef rump cap with Roast Capsicum Tapenade & Village Salad or my Asian-Style Pulled Pork or my Beef Ragu!
Time – about 2 hours
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 tbsp Chinese 5 spice
- Salt and pepper to season
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp organic kome miso paste
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp honey
- Juice of 1 lime
Serve with your choice of:
- Stir-fried vegetables
- Roast vegetables
- Preheat oven to 180degrees fan forced.
- Remove the neck from inside the chicken if still there, pat the chicken dry with a paper towel, including the cavity.
- Mix the Spice Rub ingredients together in a bowl then using your hands, rub all over the chicken – top and bottom.
- Place Chicken on a roasting tray and roast for 3/4 roasting time (roasting time = 20mins per 500g)
- In the meantime, place all the Glaze ingredient together in a jar and shake up until well combined.
- After the chicken has cooked for 3/4 roasting time, remove from the oven and use a basting brush to glaze the top side of the chicken with half the glaze.
- Return the glazed chicken to the oven for the remaining roasting time before removing and allowing to rest for 5 minutes.
- Baste the Honey Miso Roast Chicken with with the remainder of the glaze and rest for another 10mins before serving with your favourite veggies