To empower women and men – through education, knowledge and skills – to feed themselves and their families healthy, delicious food.
Ultimately, I want to have an impact on the epidemic that is our nation’s rates of overweight & obesity and associated chronic diseases like cardiovascular disease, Type 2 Diabetes and hypertension. These conditions can be prevented and markedly improved by simple nutrition and lifestyle practices which don’t cost anything to implement and can save the government millions.
- MHumNut (Masters of Human Nutrition, Deakin University)
- BEng(Chem, Hons) (Bachelor of Chemical Engineering, with Honours)
- Crossfit Level 1 Trainer
- Senior First Aid and CPR
- Certificate III and IV in Fitness – Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer
- Currently completing SmartDNA Practitioner Training
- Currently completing Functional Nutrition Academy Applied Functional Nutrition course
My website and my business, is a reflection of me and my passions. So I guess the best place to start is by telling you a bit about myself so that you can understand why I am passionate about helping others create and maintain a healthy, balanced lifestyle that is easy to maintain. If you want to read more, you can read my full story here.
My name is Penny Benjamin, I’m from Brisbane, Australia. I love learning new things, spending time with my family and friends, being active, hiking, cooking, travelling and laughing.
I struggled with an eating disorder for 5 years. Following this, my mindset with regards to health shifted significantly, I now view health as a lifelong “journey” rather than a series of ups and downs of ‘getting sick then getting better’.
My interest in nutrition and health developed throughout my eating disorder recovery. I decided to stray from my career in Chemical Engineering while nurturing my love for science and chemistry by undertaking a Masters in Human Nutrition.
My services, content and products reflect the various elements that I find important in finding balance, success and happiness in life:
- Having at least a basic understanding of nutrition principles and physiology so you can better understand your own body and the the impact of food you put in it.
- Cooking delicious, nutritious, healthy meals with wholefood ingredients at home.
- Fun with friends, family and loved ones,
- Daily exercise/activity,
- Travel and experiencing new things!
- Motivation to achieve success in all areas of life.
- Getting the most out of life!
- Corporate & group workshops and programs
- Workplace health & wellbeing consulting
- Brisbane City Council Active & Healthy Program provider
- Nutrition, healthy eating and ‘cooking without recipes’ programs and workshops (in-person and online)
- 1-1 consulting
- Menu consulting/reviews
- Food photography, content creation and recipe development
I also love creating content, be it recipes, travel blogs or translating the sometimes complicated nutrition information into lay terms. I do hope you’ll find something either on my website or through working with me that is able to help you along on your own health ‘journey’!
Big love xxx