Who doesn’t love Crispy Chicken pieces? These are such a winner especially with the kids. In these ones I’ve used the same principle as I did for my Crispy Sardine Sprats to make these crispy chicken pieces gluten, dairy, egg and nut-free so they are VERY allergen friendly.
Recipe Type: GF, DF, RSF, Paleo
Time 30 min
- 1/4 C EVOO
- 4 raw chicken drumsticks, or other cuts
- 1/2 C quinoa flakes
- salt and pepper
- optional: other herbs and spices as desired (chilli flakes, cumin, turmeric etc.)
To serve: veggie chips of choice, fresh salad, homemade sugar-free tomato sauce or passata.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Place the EVOO into a small bowl.
- Place the quinoa flakes into a separate shallow dish with salt pepper and herbs if using.
- One at a time, take the drumsticks and dip/drench in the EVOO then dip in/cover with the quinoa flakes, being sure to coat the entire drumstick in flakes.
- Place drumsticks on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 20 mins or until crispy and golden.
- Serve with your favourite veggie chips (I like eggplant and pumpkin) and fresh salad.