This recipe is simply a result of me seeing a bunch of my friends experimenting with different ‘gummy’ recipes and so I wanted to take part in the fun too! We know that gelatin is a great source of protein and can be really helpful in gut health. And these gummies are really healthy – sugar free, dairy free, gluten free – but I made them purely for fun and to experiment with these powders I hadn’t had a chance to experiment with!
Next time I think I’ll be making Long Black or Latte gummies to have with my morning coffee!
Time – 15 minutes
- 2.5 C coconut milk (in a carton, not a can), like Coco Quench.
- 2 tsp Zandi Organics Beetroot Latte Mix (or your favourite beetroot/acai/berry powder blend)
- 2 tsp Nutra Organics Mermaid Latte Blend (or your favourite butterfly pea/blue spirulina blend)
- 3 T organic gelatin
- Optional sweetener to taste (honey, maple syrup, green leaf stevia, rapadura sugar etc.)
- Stir the gelatin into 1/2 cup water in a small bowl then allow to stand and bloom.
- Heat the coconut milk in a small pot until hot but not boiling.
- Add the gelatin/water mix and stir to ensure all the gelatine is dissolved.
- Separate the milk/gelatine mixture into 2 halves.
- To one half, add the Beetroot Latte mix. Pour into a silicone mould, or lined dish. Place in fridge to set for an hour.
- To the other half, add the Mermaid latte blend. Once the pink layer is set, pour the blue liquid on top and return to the fridge to set.
- Once set, slice and store in the fridge for up to 5 days then freeze.