Need something new for your lunch or to dish up at your next gathering? Try this pesto roast vegetable salad. Leftovers make excellent lunches!
Serves 6-8 as a side
Time – about 60mins
- 3 large carrots, chopped into 2cm chunks
- 5 small raw beetroots, whole
- 1/4 of a small pumpkin, chopped into chunks
- 4 -6 small washed potatoes, chopped into quarters
- 2/3 cup dairy-free pesto or dill pesto
- 2 T EVOO
- 1 t sea salt
- 2 generous handfuls rocket.
- Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 180°C.
- Wrap each beetroot in a piece of alfoil.
- Place the other vegetables into a large bowl with oil and salt and toss to coat.
- Spread the vegetables and wrapped beetroots out on 2 large baking trays (lined with baking paper). Roast for 40 mins or until cooked.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Place all vegetables, except beetroot, into a bowl and toss with the rocket and pesto.
- Unwrap the beetroot, slice in half and place around the edge of the salad (you can toss them through as well if you like, but they have a tendency of making everything going purple).
- Serve the pesto roast vegetable salad at any gathering to get some rave reviews, alternatively use for your food prep!