One of my friends from my Masters of Nutrition, Sharon, runs a wonderful webpage and Instagram Account called The FODMAP Friendly Vegan. As I’ve recently been following a low FODMAP protocol, I’ve been visiting her site quite frequently for inspiration and guidance. One recipe I came across that I just CANNOT get enough of is her Macadamia Cream Cheese, I was a sceptic at first, but it is seriously the absolute BOMB! It never ceases to amaze me how flavoursome Chives can be in a dish.
I’ve been enjoying this Macadamia Cream Cheese for breakfast on a toasted piece of my Seed Bread, both with and without a smear of superfood Liver Pâté and some extra fresh chives and/or parsley. It’s so so good!
If you like this then you’ll LOVE Sharon’s Recipe Ebook with over 65 FODMAP Friendly Vegan recipes for you to enjoy and nourish your body with. Make sure you check out her Instagram profile for some award-winning food-porn pics too!
Recipe Type: GF, DF, RSF, V, Paleo
Makes ~ 1 C
Time 5 min
- 1 C macadamia nuts (soaked for 2 hours prior, this helps make the cheese really creamy). You could also use cashews here too.
- juice of 1/2-1 lemon (depending on the juiciness of your lemon)
- 1 t sea salt
- 1/2 C finely chopped chives
- 1 T Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (I used EVOO here because I prefer the flavour)
- optional: nutritional yeast (not SIBO friendly) and black pepper
- Place all ingredients, except the chives, into a blender or small food processor and blend/process until smooth and well combined.
- Add the chives and pulse them through to mix in.
- Taste and adjust as desired for salt/lemon juice/pepper/EVOO etc.
- Serve or store Macadamia Cream Cheese in a glass jar in the fridge for about a week and a half.