If you know me, you know that I LOVE dips, I’ve always got one on the go in the fridge. My two favourites are this roast vegetable dip and my Beetroot & Horseradish dip. Vegetable dips are simple to throw together and really easy to tailor to your personal taste preferences and food intolerances.
If you like this Roast vegetable dip then you might also like my Healthy Dips recipe Ebook with over 15 different dip recipes! You can find out more about my dip ebook here!
Recipe Type: GF, DF, RSF, V, Paleo
Makes ~ 1 C
Time 5-10 min
- 2-3 C of your favourite Roasted Veggies, cooled (I love eggplant, zucchini, pumpkin, carrot, even broccoli and cauliflower – or just whatever is lying about in the bottom of the fridge)
- 2 generous T EVOO
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1/3 – 1/2 C cashews
- salt and pepper to taste
- sometimes you need some extra water to help with get the consistency you desire.
Add-ons (many of them are a MUST for me haha)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- some Homemade, Changing Habits or Meadow & Marrow Bone Broth (This makes the dip Gut-Loving)
- A dash of Fire Tonic
- A touch of Grilo Protein (use code PENNY10 for 10% off)
- Fresh or dried Herbs and spices (anything from fresh rosemary, chives, parsley and oregano in the garden, fresh turmeric/ginger/horseradish to dried cumin, coriander seed, garam masala, sumac and more!) – Go crazy!
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend/process until smooth and well combined (you could also use an immersion blender).
- Add some water if needed to help combine.
- Taste and adjust as desired for salt/lemon juice/pepper/EVOO/spice etc.
- Serve or store your Roast Vegetable Dip in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.