If you’ve been following my recipes for a while then you’ll know how I love to experiment with plant-based protein sources to make tasty lunch. And it really doesn’t have to be anything too complicated! These teff & tofu patties are the prime example; just keep it simple with some of your favourite spices, add to your food processor and you’re halfway there.
This week we’ve got Teff & Tofu patties that can be tailored to your personal preferences and are extremely easy to make!
Makes about 10 teff and tofu patties
Time – about 45mins
- 1 C teff grain, cooked in 1.5 cups water (or you could use quinoa/buckwheat/millet, even rice)
- 1 x 450g or 500g block of semi-firm tofu
- 2 T Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T Garam Masala*
- 2 T curry powder*
- 1 T ground cumin*
- pinch sea salt and black pepper to taste
*swap out for your favourite herbs and spices if you like.
- Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 180°C.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until combined.
- Shape 1/3-1/2 cup sized portions of the mixture into patties and place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15 mins before flipping the patties and baking for a further 10mins.
- Enjoy anyway you like – in a wrap, on a burger, with some salad.
- Consume within a week or freeze for future use.