Gotta love a brownie every now and then, and these red velvet brownies are just to DIE for. Plus you get a sneaky serve of veggies too! If you like these then you’ll also love my Raw Red Velvet Mud Cake or my Red Velvet Bliss Balls!
Recipe Type: GF, DF, Vegan Option
Serves 10 brownies
Time 30 min
- 1 C grated beetroot
- 1/2 C almond meal
- 1/2 C hemp protein (can substitute for your favourite protein powder, or more almond meal)
- ½ C Raw Cacao powder
- 1 organic, free range egg (use flax or chia egg for vegan)
- ½ C milk of choice
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 t baking powder
- 3 T melted coconut oil or macadamia oil
- Sweetener of choice to taste
- optional: handful of chopped nuts (I love walnuts!)
- optional: handful of chopped raw chocolate
- 1/2 C Raw Chocolate
- 1/2 C Coconut Cream
- Sweetener of choice if desired.
- Preheat oven to 180degC and line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper.
- Mix all Brownie ingredients together in a big bowl, making sure they’re all well combined.
- Transfer mixture to lined baking tray and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 20-30mins (depending on your oven) or until cooked to your liking (some like their brownies gooier than others).
- While the brownies are baking – make your icing.
- Melt raw chocolate in a double boiler.
- Stir in the coconut cream and sweetener.
- Allow to sit and firm-up slightly.
- Once brownies are cooked, remove from oven and allow to cool completely before icing.
- Remove unsliced brownies from the baking tray and spread the icing evenly over the top. Slice into appropriate brownie-sized portions and enjoy! Store in the fridge for a few days in an air-tight container if needed.