RAW TURKISH DELIGHT NOUGAT
Do I have any NOUGAT fans out there?
I had a craving for turkish-delight AND nougat on the weekend so I whipped up this Raw Turkish-Delight Nougat. It turned out SO amazing I just had to share with you all!
Recipe Type: GF, DF, RSF, V, Paleo
Time 2 hours
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 heaped tbsp. 180 Nutrition Vegan Coconut Superfood (or 2 tbsp Almond meal)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, softened
- 2-3 drops rosewater essential oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pistachios
- 40g Homemade Chocolate (or other good quality dark chocolate)
- Place all ingredients except Cranberries, Pistachios and chocolate in a food processor and processes until smooth. You’ll need to stop every 30-60sec to scrape down the sides with a spatula and make sure all the bits are incorporated.
- Once smooth, remove the mixture from the processor and place in a bowl, stir/kneed in cranberries and pistachios.
- Spread the nougat mixture out evenly on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Place in freezer for 2 hours to set.
- Melt the chocolate slowly in bowl over some boiling water.
- Remove the nougat from freezer and slice into squares of desired size.
- Coat the squares with the melted chocolate and return to freezer to set.
- Try not to devour all at once!
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.