These Jaffa Pancakes (choc-orange) are a cool take on my base pancake recipe, with protein, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats (not to mention stacks of flavour!) these will help regulate your blood sugars throughout the morning and keep any cravings at bay!
Recipe Type: GF, DF, RSF, V, Paleo
Time 10 mins
Ingredients for 1 person
- 2 T buckwheat flour
- 2 T Organic Hemp Plus. Alternatively, use 1 T of your favourite protein powder + 1 T raw cacao powder
- zest of 1/2 an orange
- pinch salt
- 1 t macadamia oil
- juice of 1/2 an orange + water to make up to 1/4 cup liquid
Options for the Topping
- toasted coconut flakes
- DIY Chocolate sauce: 2 melted Changing Habits Pure Cacao Melts stirred with 1 T coconut cream
- Coyo Chocolate Coconut Yoghurt
- fresh or warmed orange or mandarin
- Whisk all the pancake ingredients together in a bowl with a spoon or fork until combined (add more water if you prefer thinner pancakes).
- Cook over a greased pan until one side is cooked then flip to cook the other side.
- Layer the pancakes with Coconut yoghurt and top with mandarin, coconut flakes and chocolate sauce.