Carrots are in season and are a brilliant source of Vitamin A, Folate and Dietary Fibre not to mention they taste awesome!
These are one my go-to easy items to make on my Sunday weekly meal prep – they’re great for so many different meals, just a few different ways I’ve used them:
- Throw them into a salad for lunch.
- Munch on them for a savoury breakfast.
- Stacked with avocado, tomato bacon and a poached egg for a fancy breakfast.
- Topped with some homemade tomato sauce and cheese then melted under a grill.
- I’ve even chopped them up and spread them on a pizza with other ingredients!
You can also substitute or supplement the carrot with other veggies like grated pumpkin, broccoli, eggplant, capsicum etc.
Recipe Type: GF, DF, RSF, Vg
Serves 10 small fritters
- 3 cups grated carrot*
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 C flour/nut meal of choice
*You can use any vegetable you like, just adjust for moisture/dryness as required by adding a dash of nut milk or extra flour/nut meal
(for these ones I added chopped sun-dried tomato, preserved lemon, salt and pepper)
- sun-dried tomato halves
- preserved lemon
- fresh or dried herbs like basil, oregano, dill, rosemary
- chopped olives
- cumin, turmeric, paprika, garam masala
- onion, garlic
- grated cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- The list is endless!
- Whisk the eggs and egg white powder/flour together in a bowl with a fork. Add grated carrot and other flavourings. Mix until well combined.
- Heal a non-stick frying pan to medium.
- Once hot, place portions of the ‘batter'(for portion sizing I use either my 1/4 cup measure or 1/2 cup measure to get even sized fritters) onto the pan, shaping them into fritters as you place them.
- Once cooked on one side, flip with a spatula and cook on the other side. Remove from the pan once cooked through.
- Enjoy with poached eggs, bacon and veggies for breakfast, or with some salad for lunch or as a snack!