Low FODMAP and Sibo diet protocols for treatment don’t have to be boring. This carrot, ginger and chive dip will add life to dip platters, meat dishes as a condiment or used to spread on your toast!
Carrots are also a great source of beta carotene (help with night vision) with ginger and turmeric having wonderful immune-boosting and anti-inflammatory properties. This dip could probably more correctly be named “superfood dip”!
Time 15 mins
- 2 C roasted or sauteed carrots (I often throw in any other old veggies from the bottom of the fridge too, like eggplant and zucchini)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- A piece of ginger about the size of 1/2 your thumb, roughly chopped into smaller pieces
- 1 cm chunk of turmeric or 1 tsp dried.
- 3/4 cup chopped chives
- 2-3 T EVOO
- salt and pepper to to season
- Place all ingredients (only add half the chives) into a blender, food processor or use a soup stick to combine, I often add a little water here to help things along.
- Taste and adjust for flavour (if you like more ginger flavour then add more ginger, similar for acidity with the lemon juice, salt and pepper).
- Once you’re happy with the flavour, add the remaining chives and just stir them through.
- Serve with veggie sticks, chickpea chips, as a condiment to meat or spread on seed bread.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge for 2 weeks).