RAW CACAO BEAN BLISS BALLS
I’ve been spending lots of time with my family in the Netherlands since arriving in Europe. Low and behold, the husband of one of my cousins is in the cacao bean trade! So what did I head home with after lunch at their place? A giant bag of raw cacao beans of course. I love to eat the beans by themselves but I also made a batch of these Cacao Bean Bliss Balls!
The slight sweetness of the prunes just takes the edge off the bitterness from the Cacao Beans, making them so delicious!
Raw, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Vegan, refined-sugar free and absolutely SCRUMPTIOUS!
Recipe Type: GF, DF, RSF, V, Paleo
Serves 20 balls
Time 10 min
- 2 C shredded or desiccated coconut
- 3/4 C raw cacao beans
- I threw in about 2 T flaxseeds as well because I had some, but these are optional.
- 1/2 C prunes soaked in hot water (dates/sultanas/raisins also works here)
- 4 T coconut oil, melted
- Pinch salt
- extra desiccated coconut or cacao powder for coating (optional)
- Blitz coconut, seeds, cacao beans and salt in a processor until fine and combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until the mixture comes together
- you may need to scraped down the sides to make sure everything gets combined
- you may need to add some extra water/coconut oil for moisture depending on quantities used.
- Separated into tablespoon-sized portions and squish/work/roll into balls.
- Garnish with desiccated coconut if desired.
If you don’t have a large food processor (like I don’t since I’m travelling) then you can just use a small stick mixer/mini processor:
- In batches, use a mini processor/stick mixer to blitz dry ingredients into fine pieces and place in large mixing bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in mini processor until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in the bowl.
- Use your hands to blend everything together.
- Adjust for moisture/dryness texture.
- Roll into balls as per above.