Delicious Beetroot and Horseradish Dip!
I love beetroots, mainly because of their colour and great flavour! But they also have countless health benefits including increased stamina, lowering blood pressure, improved digestion plus a whole host of antioxidants and vitamins. Check out my article 6 Reasons to Eat More Beetroot to find out more!
Recipe Type: GF, DF, RSF, V, Paleo
- 2 cup chunks of steamed beetroot (250-300g)
- ½ cup raw cashews soaked overnight, drained
- 3 tsp horseradish cream or grated fresh horseradish
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Process all the ingredients except the beetroot in a food processor until smooth and creamy (scraping down the sides to make sure everything is mixed in).
- Add the beetroot and process until combined but there are still a few chunky bits of beetroot in the dip for texture (scrape down the sides every 30 sec to so to make sure everything is getting mixed in).
- Adjust to taste (salt, sweet, sour, pepper etc.)
- Serve with Veges or chickpea chips as an appetizer, use as a condiment for meats or have it on some paleo bread with some avocado or other topping!
Notes and substitutions:
• To steam the beetroot, chop into ~2cm square chunks and either microwave on high for ~5min in a microwave-save bowl with some water in the bottom or in a basket over a pot of boiling water.
Macronutrients for 1 serve (8 serves for whole recipe):
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 5 g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 0 g||1%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 2 mg||1 %|
|Sodium 71 mg||3%|
|Potassium 121 mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7 g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3 g||13 %|
|Sugars 2 g|
|Protein 2 g||4 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|