With Winter fast approaching, it’s time to give our immune systems a little boost to help keep those winter lurgies at bay. There are many foods that can help your immune system; ginger, garlic, lemon, chilli. Turmeric is another.
Turmeric Lattes are all the rage at the moment, as is the spice in general (last week I sent you my recipe for a DIY turmeric latte mix). It’s proven properties as an anti-inflammatory agent (further amplified when you add black pepper) has it finding its way into just about every food product marketers can think of. You can buy several different turmeric latte spice blends at various health food stores but my favourite has to be Nature’s Harvest because of the flavour provided by the cardamon and chilli.
These sugar-free turmeric latte bliss balls take the turmeric latte mix to a whole other level, perfect as a treat after dinner or for morning/afternoon tea with your turmeric latte!
Recipe Type: GF, DF, RSF, V, Paleo
Serves ~12 balls
Time 5 min
- 1 C Almond meal
- 1/3 C neutral or vanilla protein powder (I use rice or pea protein)
- 1 T + 1 t turmeric latte mix
- 1/4 C goji berries
- 1/4 C coconut oil
- 2-4 T coconut paste/butter, melted
- pinch salt
Depending on the brand and type of protein and coconut paste/butter you use may need to add a little less or more of the coconut butter. Judge by how well the mixture is coming together and if you think it needs an extra tablespoon of butter/oil to bring together.
- In a mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients, including the goji berries.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry mix and combine with a wooden spoon or with your hands till really well combined.
- Give the mixture a good few squeezes/kneeds to make sure everything is combined as it should. Adjust for dryness if necessary.
- Break off pieces of the dough and form into balls around the size of a 20c piece.
- Store in the fridge in an air-tight container to keep them firm.