This Nourishing Seed Bread is a wonderful accompaniment with smashed avocado, or even as an afternoon snack with some delicious homemade dip! It’s also Egg-free so those with egg allergies finally have an option!
Recipe Type: GF, DF, RSF, V, Paleo
Serves 15 slices
- 1 C Buckwheat flour (can also use sorghum flour, teff flour, brown rice flour or quinoa flour)
- 1 C Quinoa flakes (can also use teff flakes, millet flakes or rice flakes)
- 2 T psyllium husk
- 2 T chia seeds
- 1½ C mixture of your favourite nuts and seeds (I used chopped walnuts, sunflower kernels, flax seeds and pepitas)
- 2 t baking powder
- 3 T EVOO or melted coconut oil
- 1½ C water
- pinch sea salt
- Chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Chopped kalamata olives
- other herbs and spices (chilli, rosemary, thyme, basil, oregano, the list goes on!)
- Preheat oven to 175 degC
- Grease a loaf tin with extra coconut oil.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and roughly combine. Add water and oil to the large bowl and combine thoroughly – I find that using my hands does the best mixing.
- Turn the batter into the loaf tin and press down firmly. Decorate the top with extra pumpkin seeds and flax seeds, walnuts etc and press down to ensure they won’t fall off.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Depending on your oven you may need to cook for a bit longer, just check.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool thoroughly before slicing gently.
- Store in an air-tight container in the pantry for 2 days before moving to the fridge or freezer.