These healthy chocolate & coconut cookies are a perfect to snack on during the day and round out an evening beautifully! They’re also egg and nut free, making them a perfect treat for your kids in their lunch box!
Recipe Type: GF, DF, RSF, V, Paleo
Serves 16-20 cookies
Time 45 min
- 2.5 C Shredded coconut
- 1/3 C buckwheat flour
- 2 t vanilla paste
- 1/3 – 1/2 C coconut oil, melted (amount will depend on whether you use a liquid or granulated sweetener below)
- 1/4 C your favourite sweetener (honey/sugar/coconut sugar/maple etc)
- 1/2 C dark chocolate chunks/chips
- 2 eggs
- pinch of sea salt
- optional: 1/2 C chopped walnut pieces
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 180deg C.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Take tablespoon-sized amounts of the mixture and form into balls, place on a lined baking tray.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 20mins.
- Remove tray and allow to cool before moving cookies.
- Store in an air-tight container in the pantry.