GLUTEN-FREE, LOW CARB EGGPLANT PIZZA
Love Pizza? Want to avoid the gluten/carbs/processed components associated with the regular kind? Try my nutrient-filled, low carb Eggplant Pizza!
Best eaten with a knife and fork, you still get all you favourite PIZZA FLAVOURS without the bloating you might normally get with regular pizzas!
Recipe Type: GF, DF, V, Paleo
- 1 REALLY BIG Eggplant
- Olive Oil Spray
- Tomato Sauce/Paste (try my Homemade Tomato Sauce)
- Pizza toppings of your choice!
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Slice the eggplant longways to create 2 or 3 giant eggplant slices about 1cm thick – see photo.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, spray with olive oil, place eggplant slices onto tray and bake for 8 mins then turn them over and bake for another 8 mins.
- While the eggplant is baking, prepare your favourite Pizza toppings (see topping ideas below).
- Remove eggplant from the oven, top with tomato sauce/paste and your pizza toppings of choice.
- Place the pizzas in the oven for 10 more minutes to cook toppings and melt cheese.
- Remove from oven, use a spatula to transfer pizzas from the tray to your plate. Top with any additional fresh herbs and enjoy (best with a knife and fork!).
Pizza Topping Ideas:
- Margarita – Garlic (best crushed and stirred into the tomato paste), fresh basil, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella.
- BBQ Chicken – use BBQ sauce instead of tomato sauce, shredded chicken, red onion, mushroom, bacon, cheese.
- Antipasto – salami, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, capsicum, caramelised onion, artichokes.
- Meat lovers – do I need to explain?
- 3 cheeses (pick your 3 favourite cheeses)
- Potato, leek & cheese.
- Pesto chicken – use a pesto as the base sauce, chicken, cherry tomatoes, grilled zucchini.
- Thai Style – mix sweet-chilli sauce into the tomato sauce base, top with prawns, capsicum, bok-choy, coriander.
- Chicken Satay – use satay sauce and cashews
- Mexican Style
- Tandoori Style
You get the picture, have fun with it!