After travelling through Paris, and all over the UK for the last month, it’s so nice to be in one place for a few weeks (that place happens to be Breda at the moment). I also now have an oven… and I’m going to USE it!!
First product, these gooey Chocolate Brownies, adapted from Hollie over at Powered by Veggies.
Recipe Type: GF, DF, RSF, V
Serves 16 Brownies (or less if you slice them bigger!)
Time 40 min
- 1 ½ cups cooked black beans
- 1 large banana
- 3 T Raw Cacao Powder
- 3 T coconut flour
- 1 T almond meal
- 1 T linseed meal
- 4 T sultanas, soaked in hot water for about 5 minutes, drained
- ½ cup almond milk
- pinch sea salt
- ½ C your favourite nut/seed mix for that ‘crunch’ factor (I like walnuts, macadamia and pepitas)
- Preheat oven to 180degC.
- Line a 20cm x 20cm baking tin with baking paper.
- Blitz all ingredients except those for the ‘crunch factor’ in a blender or food processor or with a stick mixer until combined (scrape down edges if necessary). It doesn’t have to be super smooth but just make sure everything has come together well.
- Stir through the ‘crunch factor’ mix.
- Transfer mixture into baking tray and bake for about 25min or until skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for about 20min, at least, before slicing (they may just be a little too warm and gooey when they first come out of the oven).