Brookies are what happens when you try to make cookies, eye-ball the recipe and totally get it all wrong, but end up with something halfway between a cookie and a brownie which is actually quite delicious!
So much so that I thought I’d share my mistake of a recipe here in case anyone is interested in trying something similar to a brookie haha!
Time – 10 minutes + 20mins cooking
- 1.5 cups almond meal
- 2/3 cups tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- zest of 1 orange
- pinch sea salt
- 100mL Orange Juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 80mL organic soy milk
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large free-range egg
- 2-4 Tbsp honey (adjust to your preferred sweetness level)
- optional – a few drops wild orange essential oil
- Preheat oven to 180degC and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix together.
- Add wet ingredients and combine into a ‘batter’.
- Spoon onto the baking paper into ‘blobs’ or turn out into a lined brownie or muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-20mins or until just cooked.
- Enjoy your brookies as you would cookies or brownies!