A dairy-free version of “Sweet Chilli Philli”, my chilli cashew cheese is the bomb! Try it on the kids, they won’t know the difference!
Recipe Type: GF, DF, RSF, V, Paleo
Serves about 1 Cup Cheese
Time 15 mins
- 1 C cashews (soaked in water for a minimum of 4 hours)
- 1/4 C savoury yeast flakes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 t chilli flakes OR pureed chilli OR 1 fresh chilli (deseeded) OR 2-3 t Hilbilby Fire Sauce
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2-3 T water
- 1 t sea salt
- Process all ingredients together in a food processor (or combine using a stick mixer or blender) until well combined, you may need to scrape down the edges.
- Adjust for flavour (extra salt/lemon/chilli etc.)
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge