What do you do when your herb garden is flourishing? Find excuses to use herbs WHEREVER you can, including this delicious basil and roast pumpkin dip (which also has fresh oregano and rosemary in it)! Try this dip with my Chickpea Chips, on top of a slice of Nourishing Seed Bread or as a condiment for grilled lamb, chicken, pork… even tempe!
Recipe Type: GF, DF, RSF, V, Paleo
Time 10 min
Ingredients:[all ingredients in rough proportions – use what you have]
- 2-3 cups Roasted (or grilled) Pumpkin (if you don’t have or don’t like pumpkin, use carrot or sweet potato)
- [any extra vegetables that need using up – just roast or cook them and throw them in. I often put my broccoli stalks in so as not to waste!]
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked in water for at least 2 hours
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 1 small handful fresh oregano
- 1 T fresh rosemary leaves (without the centre stalk)
- Or any other fresh garden herbs you like.
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients into a food processor.
- Process until smooth, you may need to stop the food processor and scrape down the sides a few times.
- Add more water to adjust consistency if you desire.
- Taste and add more salt/pepper/lemon as desired for flavour.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.