What does one do when your uncle sends you home with a bag full of apples? Get creative with Apple recipes of course!
I’d recently made some delicious gooey Chocolate Brownies (recipe is here) so I was inspired to make something similar but with apples… A bit of experi-baking and I came up with these Apple Pie Blondies! Perfect for dessert or afternoon tea.
Recipe Type: GF, DF, RSF, V
Serves 10-12 Brownies (or less if you slice them bigger!)
Time 40 min
10 – 12 Blondies
- 1.5 C cooked chickpeas (or other cooked lentil/pulse)
- 1.5 C chopped apple pieces
- 1/4 C milk of choice
- 1 T coconut flour
- 1 T linseed meal
- 2 t ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t ground nutmeg
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 t honey
- 1/3 C walnuts roughly chopped
- 1/3 C extra chopped apple pieces
- Optional – 1 egg, not necessary but helps with consistency and binding. If you use an egg then these blondies would no longer be vegan.
- Preheat oven to 180degC and line a 20x20cm baking tin with baking paper.
- Using a blender, food processor or stick blender, blend together all ingredients except the egg, walnuts and extra chopped apple pieces until smooth.
- Transfer a mixture to a bowl, crack the egg (if using) into the mixture and mix through well.
- Add extra apple pieces and walnuts and stir through.
- Transfer mixture to baking tin and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 25minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.