Don’t know what to do with your beautiful Sunshine Organic Miso? The majority of people I spoke to today at Sherwood Road Organic Meats – while dishing up this delicious Miso Chicken Stir-Fry – had only ever used Miso paste in soups and broths (if at all)!
But did you know Miso paste is so much more versatile! Due to it’s high salt content, it works well as the ‘salt’ element in marinades, meat tenderising, dressings, dips and more. In this Miso chicken stir fry, I’ve marinated the chicken in some Miso and then stir-fried it with veggies, garlic, ginger, chilli, lime juice and honey. That’s it! So simple and delish!
For other Miso ideas – check this out.
Recipe Type: GF, DF, RSF, Paleo
Time 30 min
- 800g chicken breast, sliced into think strips (alternatively, use tofu or tempeh to make this dish vegan)
- 2 Tbsp Sunshine Miso (you can use any of their delicious range)
- Juice of 3 limes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 small red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp honey
- about 3 tbsp tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- dash water if needed
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 capsicum, sliced into strips
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 300g snow peas
- Marinade the chicken in the miso for minimum 30mins, preferably longer or even overnight.
- Place lime juice, garlic, ginger, chilli, honey, tamari and dash water into a jar and shake up.
- Heat a wok or fry pan with a little peanut or coconut oil.
- Add chicken and chopped veggies (broccoli, capsicum, zucchini, cauliflower, snow peas) all into the pan at once with the lime juice/garlic mixture.
- Stir fry until everything is just cooked.
- Serve straight away as is or with some rice or cauliflower rice and a squeeze of fresh lime.