Ginger and Cinnamon are both excellent metabolism boosters and make a delicious combination in this gingerbread latte. Serve it hot or cold, it’s equally as delicious
Recipe Type: GF, DF, RSF, Paleo, V
Time 5 mins
- 1 cup coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- (optional) 1-2 t coconut oil or coconut cream
- 1 t spice mix
- handful of ice cubes (for iced version)
Spice mix (place ingredients in a jar and shake up to mix, then store the jar in the pantry)
- 30mL ground ginger
- 15mL ground cinnamon
- 10mL ground nutmeg
- 5mL ground cloves
- pinch salt
Alternatively, any amount of the above ingredients in the ratio:
6 ginger : 3 cinnamon : 2 nutmeg : 1 cloves
- Place milk and spice mix in a pot on the stove over medium heat.
- Heat the mixture while whisking gently until it begins to boil then turn off the heat.
- Alternatively, spin milk and spices together in a milk ‘frother’ or steamer.
- Or blend warm milk and spices together in a blender or with a stick mixer.
- Serve warm.
- Place ingredients in a blender (or use a stick mixer) and blend for 10 seconds.
- Serve with ice cubes.