This unique use of zucchini makes for a beautiful, lightly textured cake-style brownie (not your traditional fudgy brownie).
Time: 45 min
Other info: GF, DF, Vg, RSF, Paleo
For the Brownie
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup Almond Meal
- ½ cup Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 egg
- 2-4 tbsp sweetener of choice (rice malt syrup, honey, maple syrup, agave, stevia)
- optional: 1/2 – 1 cup chopped nuts
For the Ganache
- 1/4 cup Melted Homemade Chocolate (or another good-quality dark chocolate)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Cream (the stuff you find in a can in the super market, it often separates so make sure it’s well mixed up before using)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer to a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 30min or until a fork is removed clean.
- While the brownies are baking, mix the melted chocolate with the coconut cream and place in fridge until ready to top the brownies.
- Remove brownies from oven once cooked and allow to completely cool on a wire rack.
- Use a spatula to spread the ganache over the top of the brownie before slicing into 25 pieces and gobbling up!
Macronutrients Per Serve:
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 9 g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 5 g||27 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 18 mg||6 %|
|Sodium 0 mg||0%|
|Potassium 63 mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3 g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||4 %|
|Sugars 2 g|
|Protein 2 g||4 %|
|Vitamin A||1 %|
|Vitamin C||3 %|