A delicious Vegan, Gluten-free addition to any antipasto/cheese/dip platter. These Chickpea Chips have a delightful crunch! Try them with the tasty Beetroot and Horseradish Dip!
Other info: DF, GF, SF, V
- 1 cup Chickpea flour (can also use buckwheat flour or quinoa flour)
- 2 t black sesame seeds
- pinch salt
- 1 T Olive Oil
- ¼ cup + 1tbsp filtered water (enough to bring into a paste-like consistency)
Spices/herbs that also taste great: cumin, ginger, coriander, chilli, lime/lemon zest, oregano, thyme, basil etc.
- Preheat Oven to 180 degC.
- Combine all ingredients except water in a bowl
- Add ¼ cup water and mix to combine. Mixture should come into a sticky, dough mixture, add the extra tbsp water if required.
- Place the dough on a sheet of baking paper. Place another piece over the top and roll the mixture out between the sheets using a rolling pin. Roll-out until 2mm thick
- Place the rolled-out dough with baking sheets still attached in the oven, directly on the rack and bake until you can see the top sheet coming off (~20min).
- Remove and allow to cool/dry on a drying rack.
- Break into individual chips and enjoy!
NB the dough will rise while in the oven, that’s ok, some chips will be thinner, others thicker!
Try some different spices to mix up the flavours!
- Addition of Cayenne makes for a nice spicy kick.
- Basil, oregano, thyme, pepper is great for a more Mediterranean flavor.
- Lime zest and cracked pepper
- Garlic and onion powder with some salt
Let me know any suggestions you have below!
Macronutrients Per Serve:
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 4 g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 0 g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Potassium 131 mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9 g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||7 %|
|Sugars 2 g|
|Protein 4 g||7%|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|