I love beetroots, mainly because of their colour and great flavour! But they also have countless health benefits including increased stamina, lowering blood pressure, improved digestion plus a whole host of antioxidants and vitamins. Check out my article 6 Reasons to Eat More Beetroot to find out more. Beets are most well known for use in savoury dishes, but I decided to get a little creative and use them in this bircher recipe!
Soak your Beetroot Bircher Muesli overnight and it’s ready by the morning. Served here with a fresh fig, yoghurt and sesame seeds!
Time: 5 min to prepare, then overnight to soak
Other info: GF, DF, RSF, V, Paleo
- about 1/2 C grated beetroot (I often end up with closer to 3/4 C)
- 1/2 C you favourite muesli (I love Nutiiboost or Paleo Hero)
- 2 t chia seeds
- 1/2 C nut milk
- 1 T coconut yoghurt
- pinch ground cinnamon/nutmeg/ginger
- 1 T raw cacao
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Leave in fridge overnight to soak. Add more liquid if necessary.
- Serve as is or with some fresh fruit and extra coconut yoghurt!