This is a really basic and simple recipe for buckwheat crêpes. Use more or less water to make thinner and thicker crêpes respectively. Jazz up the crêpe recipe by adding sweeter flavours like cacao, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and peanut butter, or savoury spices like cumin, oregano, thyme, garlic and chives.
Recipe Type: GF, DF
Serves 12 22cm crêpes
- 1 1/4 C Buckwheat Flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 C EVOO
- 3/4 C nut milk of choice
- 3/4-1 C water
- pinch salt
- Place flour and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk in eggs, EVOO, milk and water until the batter is kind of like Passata in thickness/viscosity (add less/more water for thicker/thinner crêpes).
- Heat a fry pan to medium heat and grease.
- Use a ladle to pour one spoon of batter onto the pan while the other hand swirls the pan so the batter evenly spreads around the pan.
- Cook until bubbles appear and burst or the bottom is slightly brown (check by peaking underneath one of the sides of the crepe). Use an egg flipper to flip the pancake and cook the other side.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter mixture. Should make about 12 x 22cm crepes.
- Serve with sweet or savoury toppings or use as a pizza base or in my Crêpe Lasagne.