What do you do when life gives you over a kilo of organic dried apricots? And you’re a fan of Tahini, hemp seeds, brazil nuts? And you’re about to head on a road trip? Well, I don’t know about you, but I made these apricot sesame bliss balls for Mum and I to take on our road trip 🙂
Recipe Type: GF, DF, RSF, Paleo, Vegan
Serves 20 Bliss Balls
- 1 C raw cashews
- 1/2 C brazil nuts
- 1/2 C natural protein powder
- 1/3 C hemp seeds
- 2/3 C organic dried apricots
- 2 heaped T tahini
- 2 T water
- pinch salt
- Place the dried apricots in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Place nuts in a food processor and process until they resemble a nut-meal texture. Add the protein powder, salt and hemp seeds and blitz gently to combine.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Strain the apricots and add them to the food processor with the tahini and water. Process until it comes together as a paste. You may need to scrape down the sides a few times to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Transfer to the bowl of dry ingredients and combine well, add a little more water if necessary.
- Roll the mixture into balls and place in the fridge to firm up.
- Garnish further if desired or enjoy as is.
- Store apricot sesame bliss balls in an air-tight container in the fridge