So yesterday I had a craving for brownies 🍫… But then a bag of Paleo Hero Primal Muesli arrived at my doorstep… But I still had a craving for brownies… So I made brownies out of the muesli!
Your eyes didn’t deceive you – these are brownies made with Paleo Hero Primal Muesli! 5 simple ingredients is all you need to make these gooey, and delicious primal muesli brownies.
The Paleo Hero Primal Muesli is another fabulous real food product made here in Brisbane; just nuts, seeds, berries honey, coconut, cinnamon. So simple. What more could you need from real food? Of course there are the traditional uses for muesli – breakfast, bircher, porridge, muesli bars, muesli muffins – but I wanted to make something a little different. I was craving brownies so figured I had to work out a way to make it into a brownie.
Safe to say, I’m extremely happy with how this recipe experiment turned out, and on the first go too! Didn’t even need to re-test! They’re definitely a little ‘chunkier’ than your average brownie because a food processor won’t blitz the muesli into a super fine flour, but I think that really adds to the delicious and decadent amazingness that goes on in your mouth when you take a bite.
Recipe Type: GF, DF, RSF, Paleo
Serves 12 brownies
Time 30 mins
- 2 C Paleo Hero Primal Muesli
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 C melted coconut oil
- 1/2 C raw cacao
- 1 T coconut flour
Optional (but really, quite essential lol):
- 1/3 C dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 C extra Paleo Hero Primal Muesli
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a loaf tin or 20cm baking tray with baking paper.
- Blitz the muesli in a food processor into a course flour.
- Transfer to a bowl, add remaining ingredients (including dark chocolate and extra muesli if using) and mix well to combine.
- Transfer to the lined baking tray or loaf tin, and flatten using a spatula to even out. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before slicing and devouring!
- Best eaten fresh. Otherwise store in the fridge and warm up gently if eating later.