Who doesn’t love a little Summer burger fun? I surely love a good burger every now and then. So I’m sharing my favourite recipe here!
Recipe Type: GF, DF, RSF, Paleo
Time 45 mins
For Burger Patties:
- 400g organic mince of choice
- 1 red onion, diced finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper to season
- handful of fresh mixed herbs (I love parsley, mint and basil)
For the balsamic caramelised red onion (+ mushrooms):
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 10 button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 T balsamic vinegar
For the rest of the burger
- Ice berg or fancy lettuce leaves, carefully peeled from the head – these will form the “bun” of your burger so you’ll probably need a couple of leaves folded together to encapsulate the burger.
- sliced tomato for 4 people
- organic cheese of choice if desired (I love gorgonzola)
- Whatever other burger ingredients you may desire (pickles, mustard, mashed avo, spinach, cucumber, relish etc.)
- Place all burger patty ingredients in a bowl and combine together with your hands.
- Form into 4 burger patties and place on plate in the fridge so they can firm up a bit.
- Sautee onion, garlic and mushrooms in a pan for about 3 minutes until cooked down, add balsamic vinegar to caramelise and infuse flavour for 2 more minutes. Set aside until assembling burgers.
- Slice tomato, and other salad items for the burgers, prepare lettuce leaves.
- Take burger patties out of fridge and grill on a medium heated pan until cooked through.
- Assemble burgers in the lettuce leaves and devour!