Looking for something a little different this Christmas? Either for Dessert, or to take to the work Christmas party, morning tea, or gathering with friends? These Festive Florentines are a great option.
This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan!
If you like this recipe then have a look at my other Christmas recipes here!
Ingredients (makes about 6-8 florentines:
- 3/4 C coconut flakes
- 3/4 C flaked almonds
- 1/4 C pistachios
- 1/4 C pepitas
- 1/3 C cranberries
- 3 T tapioca flour
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 T lemon juice
- 2 T honey (use maple syrup for Vegan)
- 2 T coconut oil
- 50g dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- In one mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients (except chocolate)
- In another mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredinets (except chocolate).
- Mix wet with dry and combine well.
- Use a table spoon to portion out the mixture on a lined baking tray. Alternatively you can use a cookie-cutter to help form shape, or place in the bottom of a silicone muffin tray for shape.
- Bake for 15 mins or until golden (be careful not to burn).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler. Drizzle over florentines and refrigerate to firm the chocolate up.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.