Don’t want strange nasties rubbed all over your skin when you’re trying to heal cracked, dry skin, scars and sores? Me neither, that’s why I’ve been experimenting with my own, natural DIY skincare recipes! This beautiful healing balm is perfect for when the dry winter months hit,
Makes about 1 Cup of healing balm
Time – about 10 mins
- 70g Shea Butter (you could also use cacao butter)
- 60g Jojoba Oil or Macadamia Oil
- 15g beeswax
- Optional: 30-40 drops essential oils. I often use some combination of lavender, frankincense, tea tree, wild orange, and peppermint.
- Melt the shea butter, jojoba oil and beeswax together in a double boiler.
- Transfer to a jar/pot. As the mixture cools, add your favourite essential oils, stir through, then allow to set.