I’ve been experimenting with Carob lately, and really liking the results. My first creation, Carob Bark is one of my favourite after-dinner treats at the moment, but these Carob Fudge Bliss Balls are right up there too! They really do have that fudgy texture, and for me, I love having the buttons in there for a slight ‘crunch’ factor.
- 1 C Almond Meal
- 1/3 C unflavoured protein (I like hemp protein but pea or brown rice work well too)
- 1/3 C Carob Powder
- 1/4 C melted cacao butter (does not contain caffeine – the caffeine remains in the dark cacao solids when the butter is extracted)
- 2 generous T unhulled tahini
- pinch sea salt
- Optional: 1/4 C 100% carob buttons or dark chocolate chips
- Melt the cacao butter in a glass or steel bowl that sits over a bath of very hot water.
- Add tahini and salt and stir well to combine
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients including the buttons/chips if using. Make a well in the middle.
- Pour the melted cacao butter/tahini mixture into the well you created and stir to incorporate the dry ingredients.
- Combine well, use your hands if you need to.
- Roll into balls of a size of your choosing and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Try not to eat them all at once!