All the best things about Summer in one dish! This Prawn, Mango, Avocado and Lime Salad works great as a main lunch dish or as a refreshing side to serve at a gathering.
The chilli-marinated prawns provide a tasty source of protein.
Avocado and olive oil give beautiful, real food monounsaturated fats (did you know that oleocanthal, a compound found in Virgin olive oil has been shown to have similar anti-inflammatory effects to NSAIDs?).
While the vegetables and mango compliment the salad fantastically providing micronutrients, fibre as well as texture, flavour and sweetness. If serving as a main dish, add the cooked quinoa option for some complex carbohydrates.
Recipe Type: GF, DF, RSF, Paleo
Serves 2 (as a main)
Time 30 min
- 200g raw prawns marinated for 1 hour in some EVOO, lime juice, fresh chilli, salt and pepper.
- 2 generous handfuls of rocket
- leaves from 4 stalks of mint
- handful chopped curly or flat leaf parsely
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 a green, red or yellow capsicum, chopped
- flesh from 1-2 mango cheeks, cubed (depending on the size of your mango)
- 1/2 a large avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 T EVOO
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper to season
- After allowing the prawns to marinate for 1 hour in some EVOO, lime juice, fresh chilli, salt and pepper, grill them on a medium pan to cook through then allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, place the rocket, mint, parsley, cucumber, capsicum, tomatoes, mango, avocado and quinoa.
- Place the dressing ingredients into a small glass jar and shake up to combine.
- Once the prawns are cooked, add them to the bowl.
- Add the dressing and toss together with salad tongs or your hands