I bought my first mangoes of the season at the markets on Saturday and thought, what a perfect way to christen them with these Mango Pancakes! These pancakes are a cool take on my base pancake recipe, with protein, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats (not to mention stacks of flavour!) these will help regulate your blood sugars throughout the morning and keep any cravings at bay!
Recipe Type: GF, DF, RSF, V, Paleo
Time 10 mins
Ingredients for 1 person
- 3 T buckwheat flour
- 1 T Natural Protein Powder ( I used Grilo Drive me Bugs – you can use code PENNY10 for 10% off).
- 2 T pureed mango
- pinch salt
- 1 t macadamia oil
- 1/4 C water
NB – there are no eggs in this recipe (I am sensitive to them) which usually help to bind pancake batters together. If you can tolerate eggs then a great combo is to use coconut flour and an egg or two with the pureed mango as the coconut flour adds a great flavour element.
Options for the Topping
- Fresh Mango (they wouldn’t be mango pancakes without fresh mango!)
- toasted coconut flakes and macadamia nuts
- Coconut Yoghurt
- Maple Syrup
- Whisk all the pancake ingredients together in a bowl with a spoon or fork until combined (add more water if you prefer thinner pancakes).
- Cook over a greased pan until one side is cooked then flip to cook the other side.
- Layer the pancakes with Coconut yoghurt and top with mango, more coconut yoghurt, maple syrup, coconut flakes and macadamias.