What is it about peanut butter and jam? They just go together so well, a match made in heaven I believe it’s called. And chocolate, well chocolate makes everything more delicious right? Enter my creation of Choc PB & J pancakes! Like most of my pancake recipes they are just a variation of my base pancake recipe. With protein, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats (not to mention stacks of flavour!) these will help regulate your blood sugars throughout the morning and keep any cravings at bay!
Recipe Type: GF, DF, RSF, V, Paleo
Time 10 mins
Ingredients for 1 person
- 2 T buckwheat flour
- 2 T Grilo Cacao Hopper (use code PENNY10 for 10% off). Alternatively, use 1 T of your favourite protein powder + 1 T raw cacao powder
- 2 t 100% natural peanut butter
- pinch salt
- 1/3-1/2 cup water depending on how thick you like them
- Optional – add an egg to help bind, and reduce the amount of water.
Options for the Topping
- homemade sugar-free strawberry jam (it wouldn’t be PB & J with out the J!)
- peanut butter
- shredded coconut
- DIY Chocolate sauce: 2 melted Changing Habits Pure Cacao Melts stirred with 1 T coconut cream
- Whisk all the pancake ingredients together in a bowl with a spoon or fork until combined (add more water if you prefer thinner pancakes).
- Cook over a greased pan until one side is cooked then flip to cook the other side.
- Layer the pancakes with your choice of toppings, serve and enjoy!