With Autumn upon us, the beautiful Brassicaceae family of vegetables are also coming into season. Also known as Cruciferous veggies, these include broccoli, cabbage, kale, brussel sprouts and cauliflower.
I love working with what’s in season and last week whipped up this tasty variation on the traditional Hummus recipe! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Recipe Type: GF, DF, RSF, V, Paleo
Serves about 1-2 Cups of hummus
Time 10 mins
- 1/2 a medium head of cauliflower, chopped into small pieces and steamed until tender
- 2 T tahini
- 2 T EVOO
- 1/4 C Lemon juice
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 t ground coriander seeds
- 2 cloves garlic
- handful of fresh coriander
- handful of fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Process all ingredients together in a food processor until well combined. You may need to scrape down the sides to ensure all ingredients get combined and blended well.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container in the fridge.