ANZAC Biscuits are something that I really love, and identify with as an Australian; each year commemorating those who have fallen in defence of our beloved country. Last year I made this version. But I thought I’d change things up this year for something a little different…
This year I’ve teamed up with 180 Nutrition to bring you these Superfood ANZAC Biscuits, packed with nutrients. Have you tried 180 Nutrition Protein Superfood before? I mostly use it in smoothies but I also love to use it in baking, pancakes, waffles, muffins, soups and more.
The reason I love it is because it’s a 100% natural product – no chemicals, fillers, stabilisers, artificial sweeteners. The business is also a local Aussie business, and I always like to support local.
The ingredients are simply:
- Pea Protein Isolate (there’s also a grass-fed whey version available)
- Organic Flaxseed,
- Almond Meal,
- Sunflower Kernels,
- Organic Coconut Flour,
- Organic Sesame Seeds,
- Chia Seeds,
- Psyllium Husks,
- (The chocolate flavour also has raw cacao)
I don’t know about you, but when I make a smoothie, I’m wanting to put all of those things in there anyway, so 180 Vegan Superfood just saves me the time haha!
Head over to 180 Nutrition to check it out – you can also use the code 180PB at the check out for 10% off your order :).
So this year for the ANZAC biscuits I decided to:
- Use 180 Nutrition Vegan Protein Superfood instead of almond meal/other flours,
- Keep the desiccated coconut, because it’s DELISH,
- Swap rolled oats out for flaked almonds to make the biccies Gluten-free.
- HOWEVER I went back to using butter and golden syrup for a more traditional flavour. You can of course use coconut oil instead of butter for vegan/dairy-free. And swap golden syrup for Maple or Honey if you prefer.
- I also added a little Maca which only adds to the delish caramel flavour.
You can also head over to my Instagram Page to enter to win a 600g bag of 180 Nutrition Vegan Protein Superfood and a 500g bag of 180 Nutrition Raw Peruvian Maca (April 2018 only)
Recipe Type: GF, DF option, V option, Primal
Serves ~12 cookies
Time 20 min
- 1/2 C 180 Nutrition Vegan Superfood (use code 180PB at check out for 10% off)
- 1/2 C desiccated coconut
- 1/2 C flaked almonds (or rolled oats if not Gluten free)
- 1 T 180 Nutrition Organic Peruvian Maca (use code 180PB at check out for 10% off)
- 90g butter (or coconut oil), melted
- 1 T golden syrup (use honey or maple syrup for a sweetener that’s not based on cane sugar)
- 1 t gluten-free baking powder
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 180deg C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix dry ingredients (except baking powder) together in a bowl until well combined.
- Mix melted butter and syrup together in a separate smaller bowl.
- In another small bowl or glass, mix 1.5 T boiling water with the baking powder to combine.
- Add all wet ingredients (butter/syrup and baking powder/water) to dry and bring together with a spoon, and ultimately your hands!
- Add a little water to the mixture if it seems like it’s too crumbly (won’t form into balls/biscuits). This happens sometimes depending on the different seasons/batches of the natural real food ingredients we’re using here.
- Form the mixture into balls then flatten out on a lined baking tray, imprinting the top of each with a fork.
- Bake for 10 mins for softer biscuits, or 15 mins for crispy biscuits.
- Removing and allow to cool.
- Store in an air-tight container in the pantry for a few days before moving to the fridge if not finished!